CALLING ALL SCALLYWAGS!
Pirate Life is embarking on its fifth season sailing Toronto’s Harbour and we are seeking to commission new crew members! Our collective is seeking active, inspired performers to join our 2019 season. Our rotating cast performs 3 shows per day on our 50-foot pirate ship, The Island Rogue.
As a company of family-accessible artists, we celebrate diversity and fight for inclusive representation on our stages and in our community. We would be honoured to have you audition for our upcoming season so you can join our merry band of rascals!
We ask that you kindly send the following submission materials to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
by Tuesday, March 19th:
1. A brief letter of intent highlighting your interest in working with us, as well as any experience you may have with piracy, theatre for young audiences, improvisation, immersive/site-specific theatre, or clown.
2. Create a personalized pirate character and film a brief introduction video as that pirate (approximately 1-2 mins in length) and send us the “unlisted” YouTube link. Some ideas for this could include:
· Tell us your pirate origin story (how you got your name, your first sail, etc.)
· Lead us on a treasure hunt around a location of your choice
· Surprise us! If you have a wild and wacky idea of your own, we want to see it!
After reviewing submissions, we will reach out via email with invitations to our in-person auditions happening in late March.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Pirate Life is a site-specific and interactive family theatre experience that was established in 2014. Our stage is a 50-foot pirate ship, The Island Rogue, that is complete with 24 functioning water cannons and is licensed by Transport Canada.
Each Pirate Life adventure begins with 30 minutes on shore, during which the pirate cast helps our audience transform into pirates with costumes, face paint “tattoos”, and pirate training games. We then board the vessel for an hour-long sail around Toronto’s Inner Harbour in search of sunken treasure!
This is a non-union position compensated at a rate of $15/hour plus tips ($1-2/hour). Our season runs May through October operating on weekends while school is in session (May-June, and September-October), and 7 days a week during summer holidays (July and August). For more information, visit us online at piratelife.ca or on social media @piratelifeto
We look forward to meeting you and your pirate persona!
The Island Rogue Crew