Front Of House - Box Office - Pirate Life
July/August - Two-month full-time contract.
$15/hr + Tips (avg $1-2/hr)
Deadline to submit May 3rd 2019. - submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
CALLING ALL SCALLYWAGS!
Pirate Life is embarking on its fifth season sailing Toronto’s Harbour and we’re seeking a scallywag to fill the full-time position of Front of House (FOH) Manager. This position will be training the weekends of June 8th, 15th and 22nd with full time starting June 28th and lasting until September 2nd.
Pirate Life is a site-specific and interactive family theatre experience that was established in 2014. Our stage is a 50-foot pirate ship, The Island Rogue, that is complete with 24 functioning water cannons and is licensed by Transport Canada.
Each Pirate Life adventure begins with 30 minutes on shore, during which the pirate cast helps our audience transform into pirates with costumes, face paint “tattoos”, and pirate training games. We then board the vessel for an hour-long sail around Toronto’s Inner Harbour in search of sunken treasure!
This is a position compensated at a rate of $15/hour plus tips (average of $1-2/hour). Our season runs May through October operating on weekends while school is in session (May-June, and September-October), and 7 days a week during summer holidays (July and August). For more information, visit us online at piratelife.ca or on social media @piratelifeto
- Process ticket orders in person, over the phone and online
- Management of merchandise sales and inventory
- Greeting guests and checking them in pirate character.
- Supervise day to day box office operations
- Event coordination for birthday parties, summer camps, private sails.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work in a collaborative team
- Experience with administrative work and customer service
- Experience working with children and families
- Ability to learn quickly, think on your feet and adapt to new situations and challenges
- Friendly pirate persona
As a company of family-accessible artists, Pirate Life celebrates diversity and fight for inclusive representation on our stages and in our community. We would be honoured to have you apply for our position so you can join our merry band of rascals! Interested applicants should email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Subject line: Front of House Manager
Applications must be received by 5:00pm on May 3rd.
Pirate Life thanks all who apply but will only contact those selected for an interview.
We look forward to meeting you!